Hope: Bible Verses about Hope – The Bible is a book of hope and a source of comfort and strength for many. It speaks of a hope that is rooted in a relationship with God and a faith that He will provide what is best for us. In the Bible, hope is described as an expectation of good, a trust in the future, and a reliance on God.
According to the Bible, hope is a source of joy and peace, and it is the assurance that God will deliver on His promises. The Bible tells us that we can have hope when we trust in God, and that our hope should be in His perfect plan for our lives.
We are also encouraged to be patient and wait for God to fulfill His promises, as He is always faithful. Ultimately, the Bible states that hope is essential to our faith, and is an essential part of a relationship with God.
- Romans 15:13 – “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
- Jeremiah 29:11 – “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
- Isaiah 40:31 – “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”
- Psalm 71:5 – “For you have been my hope, Sovereign Lord, my confidence since my youth.”
- Psalm 130:7 – “Israel, put your hope in the Lord, for with the Lord is unfailing love and with him is full redemption.”
- Psalm 33:18 – “But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love.”
- Psalm 39:7 – “But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you.”
- Isaiah 43:2 – “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.”
- Jeremiah 17:7 – “But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him.”
- Romans 8:24-25 – “For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.”
- 1 Peter 1:3 – “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.”
- Hebrews 11:1 – “Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.”
- Titus 2:13 – “while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.”
- Lamentations 3:21-23 – “Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.”
- Hebrews 6:19 – “We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain.”