15 Bible Verses about Miriam
15 Bible Verses about Miriam
1) Exodus 15:20: “Miriam the prophetess, Aaron’s sister, took a tambourine in her hand, and all the women went out after her with tambourines and dancing.” This verse shows how Miriam was a leader of the women of Israel, leading them in praise and worship to the Lord.
2) Numbers 12:1-2: “Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Cushite woman whom he had married; for he had married a Cushite woman. And they said, “Has the Lord indeed spoken only through Moses? Has He not spoken through us also?” This verse shows that Miriam was a brave and outspoken woman, standing up for her beliefs even in the face of her brother.
3) Numbers 12:10: “And the Lord said to Moses, “When Aaron and Miriam spoke against you, I was very angry with them.” This verse shows that God was displeased with Miriam’s behavior, even though she was standing up for what she believed in.
4) Numbers 12:13: “Then Moses cried out to the Lord, saying, “Please heal her, O God, I pray!” This verse shows the deep love and compassion that Moses had for his sister Miriam, even after she had wronged him.
5) Numbers 12:15: “So Miriam was shut out from the camp seven days; and the people did not journey until Miriam was brought in again.” This verse shows how important Miriam was to the people of Israel, as her absence caused them to remain in one place until she was brought back into the camp.
6) Deuteronomy 24:9: “Remember what the Lord your God did to Miriam on the way when you came out of Egypt.” This verse is a reminder of God’s punishment of Miriam for her sins, but also His mercy in restoring her.
7) Judges 4:4: “Now Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, was judging Israel at that time.” This verse shows that Miriam was part of a long line of female prophets and judges in Israel, and her example was an inspiration to later generations of women.
8) Psalm 68:11: “The Lord gives the word; the women who proclaim the news are a great host.” This verse is a tribute to the ministry of all women who spread the news of the Lord, including Miriam.
9) Matthew 12:46-50: “While He was still speaking to the multitudes, behold, His mother and brothers stood outside, seeking to speak with Him. Then one said to Him, ‘Look, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, seeking to speak with You.’ But He answered and said to the one who told Him, ‘Who is My mother and who are My brothers?’ And He stretched out His hand toward His disciples and said, ‘Here are My mother and My brothers! For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother.’” This verse shows that Miriam was an important part of Jesus’ life and ministry, and her example of faithfulness was remembered by Jesus.
10) Luke 1:46-55: “And Mary said: ‘My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed, for the Mighty One has done great things for me—holy is his name.” This verse is a tribute to Miriam’s faithfulness to the Lord and her humble attitude in recognizing her blessed state.
11) John 19:25: “Near the cross of Jesus stood his mother, his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene.” This verse shows that Miriam was present at the Crucifixion, and her presence was a reminder of Jesus’ love for her and her faith in Him.
12) Acts 1:14: “All these with one accord were devoting themselves to prayer, together with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and his brothers.” This verse shows that Miriam was a faithful disciple of Jesus, faithfully attending prayer meetings and being an example of faithfulness to her sons and daughter.
13) Romans 16:6: “Greet Mary, who has worked very hard for you.” This verse shows that Miriam was an example of hard work and dedication, and her example was remembered and appreciated by the early church.
14) 1 Corinthians 10:1-2: “I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud, and they all passed through the sea, and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea.” This verse is a reminder that Miriam was part of the great Exodus from Egypt and was an example of faithfulness to God and His command.
15) 1 Timothy 5:2: “Older women likewise are to exhibit behavior fitting for those who are holy, not slandering, not slaves to excessive drinking, but teaching what is good.” This verse is a reminder that Miriam was an example of holiness and faithfulness, and her example was an inspiration to the early church.
16) Revelation 12:17: “Then the dragon became angry with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring—those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus.” This verse is a reminder that Miriam was a faithful witness to Jesus, and her faithfulness and courage was an example to all who followed her.