List of 15 Unique Bible Facts about Sex with verse and Description
Unique Bible Facts about Sex
- The Bible is the only book that explicitly states that sex should only be enjoyed within the bounds of marriage: “That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh” (Genesis 2:24).
- The Bible acknowledges that sex can be a source of pleasure: “Drink water from your own cistern, running water from your own well. Should your springs overflow in the streets, your streams of water in the public squares? Let them be yours alone, never to be shared with strangers” (Proverbs 5:15-17).
- The Bible is clear that sexual immorality is sin: “But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people” (Ephesians 5:3).
- The Bible encourages sexual purity before marriage: “For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life” (1 Thessalonians 4:7)
- The Bible warns against adultery: “You shall not commit adultery” (Exodus 20:14).
- The Bible is clear that sexual relations should be restricted to marriage: “Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral” (Hebrews 13:4).
- The Bible speaks of a positive view of sexuality: “Let your fountain be blessed, and rejoice in the wife of your youth. A loving doe, a graceful deer— may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be captivated by her love” (Proverbs 5:18-19).
- The Bible is clear that men and women are to remain sexually faithful to each other within marriage: “Keep your way far from her, and do not go near the door of her house” (Proverbs 5:8).
- The Bible speaks of the dangers of sexual addiction: “But each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death” (James 1:14-15).
- The Bible speaks of the power of sexual temptation: “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it” (1 Corinthians 10:13).
- The Bible speaks of God’s plan for sex within marriage: “Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous” (Hebrews 13:4).
- The Bible speaks of the importance of self-control when it comes to sex: “But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart” (Matthew 5:28).
- The Bible speaks of the power of sexual sin: “But each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death” (James 1:15).
- The Bible speaks of the importance of fidelity and faithfulness in marriage: “Whoever commits adultery with a woman lacks understanding; he who does so destroys his own soul” (Proverbs 6:32).
- The Bible speaks of the consequences of sexual sin: “For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander” (Matthew 15:19).