Bible Verses about Godly Men – Proverbs 2:6-8. This verse reads, “For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding; he stores up sound wisdom for the upright; he is a shield to those who walk in integrity, guarding the paths of justice and watching over the way of his saints.
The bible is full of examples of godly men and verses that describe the qualities of a godly man. Throughout the Bible, godly men have been set as examples of faith and obedience. As bible teachers, it is important that we look to the bible for guidance, instruction, and examples of godly men.
In this blog, we will look at 7 examples of men that god felt were righteous, the bible verse that best describes a godly man in god’s eyes, 7 very important qualities of godly men, 5 characteristics of a godly man, 7 KJV bible verses that describe a godly man, and how Job, the apostle Paul, and Christ Jesus were godly men.
We will also explore how the Holy Spirit guides a godly man, what good works come from a man who is godly, and why a godly man follows god’s word.
Table of Contents
31 Bible Verses about Godly Men | God | Godly Man
1. Proverbs 31:10-31 – “An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life.”
2. 1 Corinthians 16:13-14 – “Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love.”
3. Colossians 3:18-19 – “Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.”
4. Ephesians 5:25-33 – “Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish.”
5. Proverbs 22:6 – “Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.”
6. Proverbs 19:14 – “House and wealth are inherited from fathers, but a prudent wife is from the Lord.”
7. Proverbs 20:7 – “The righteous who walks in his integrity— blessed are his children after him!”
8. Proverbs 28:24 – “Whoever robs his father or his mother and says, ‘That is no transgression,’ is a companion to a man who destroys.”
9. Proverbs 17:6 – “Grandchildren are the crown of the aged, and the glory of children is their fathers.”
10. Proverbs 13:22 – “A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children, but the sinner’s wealth is laid up for the righteous.”
11. Ephesians 6:4 – “Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.”
12. 1 Peter 3:7 – “Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.”
13. Titus 2:2-6 – “Older men are to be sober-minded, dignified, self-controlled, sound in faith, in love, and in steadfastness. Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.”
14. Hebrews 13:4 – “Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.”
15. Leviticus 19:32 – “You shall stand up before the gray head and honor the face of an old man, and you shall fear your God: I am the Lord.”
16. 1 Samuel 2:30 – “Therefore the Lord, the God of Israel, declares: ‘I promised that your house and the house of your father should go in and out before me forever,’ but now the Lord declares: ‘Far be it from me, for those who honor me I will honor, and those who despise me shall be lightly esteemed.’”
17. Proverbs 15:20 – “A wise son makes a glad father, but a foolish man despises his mother.”
18. Ephesians 6:2-3 – “Honor your father and mother (this is the first commandment with a promise), that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.”
19. Proverbs 23:22 – “Listen to your father who gave you life, and do not despise your mother when she is old.”
20. Psalm 112:1-2 – “Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who greatly delights in his commandments! His offspring will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed.”
21. Psalm 127:3-5 – “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.”
22. Joshua 24:15 – “And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
23. 1 Corinthians 11:3 – “But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.”
24. 1 Corinthians 16:13 – “Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.”
25. Proverbs 3:5-6 – “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”
26. Proverbs 19:20 – “Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom in the future.”
27. Proverbs 22:29 – “Do you see a man skillful in his work? He will stand before kings; he will not stand before obscure men.”
28. Proverbs 27:17 – “Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.”
29. Proverbs 28:1 – “The wicked flee when no one pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion.”
30. Proverbs 29:25 – “The fear of man lays a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is safe.”
31. Psalm 1:1-2 – “Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.”
32. Psalm 18:32-33 – “It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer
What are 7 Examples of Men That God Felt was Righteous (King James Bible)
God has set many examples of godly men throughout the bible. These men have set examples of faith and obedience, and god felt they were worthy of his blessing. Here are 7 examples of men that god felt was righteous:
1. Abraham: Abraham is the father of the Israelite people and a key figure in the Old Testament. He was a man of great faith and devoted himself to the Lord. God made a covenant with Abraham and told him to leave his homeland and go to a new land. He followed God’s commands and became a great example of faith and obedience.
2. Joseph: Joseph is a prominent figure in the Old Testament. He was sold into slavery by his brothers but remained faithful to God. He rose to great power in Egypt and was able to save his family from famine. His faith and obedience earned him favor with God.
3. Moses: Moses was one of the most influential figures in the Old Testament. He was called by God to lead the Israelites out of slavery in Egypt. He faced many difficulties but remained faithful to God and led the Israelites to the Promised Land.
4. David: David was the second king of Israel. He was a man of great faith and trust in God. David was one of the most important figures in the Old Testament and is a great example of a godly man.
5. Elijah: Elijah was a prophet of God in the Old Testament. He was a man of great faith and courage. He was able to stand up to kings and prophets and always remained faithful to God.
6. Daniel: Daniel was a prophet in the Old Testament. He was a man of great faith and wisdom. He was able to interpret dreams and predict the future, and he always remained faithful to God.
7. Paul: Paul was a prominent figure in the New Testament. He was a man of great faith and courage and was able to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles. He was a great example of a godly man.
What Bible Verse Best describes a Godly Man in God’s Eyes
The bible verse that best describes a godly man in god’s eyes is Proverbs 2:6-8. This verse reads, “For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding; he stores up sound wisdom for the upright; he is a shield to those who walk in integrity, guarding the paths of justice and watching over the way of his saints.” This verse shows that godly men are those who seek wisdom, knowledge, and understanding from God. They are also those who walk in integrity and guard the paths of justice.
What are 7 Very Important Qualities of Godly Men
Godly men have certain qualities that set them apart from other men. Here are 7 very important qualities of godly men:
1. Faith: A godly man has faith in God and follows his commands. He trusts in God and believes that God will provide for him and guide him.
2. Humility: A godly man is humble and acknowledges his weaknesses. He does not boast or exalt himself above others. 3. Integrity: A godly man is honest and trustworthy. He is true to his word and follows through on his promises.
4. Compassion: A godly man is compassionate and caring towards others. He is willing to help those in need and show kindness and mercy.
5. Courage: A godly man is courageous and willing to face danger for the sake of doing good. He is not afraid to speak out against injustice and stand up for what is right.
6. Self-control: A godly man is able to control his emotions and words. He is not given to anger or rashness, but instead is patient and wise.
7. Love: A godly man loves God above all else and seeks to honor him. He also loves his neighbor as himself and shows kindness and mercy to all.
A Godly Man has 5 Characteristics
A godly man has certain characteristics that set him apart from other men. Here are 5 characteristics of a godly man:
1. He is devoted to God: A godly man is devoted to God and puts God first in his life. He seeks to honor God in all that he does and follows God’s commands.
2. He is humble: A godly man is humble and does not boast or exalt himself above others. He is able to admit his weaknesses and accept criticism.
3. He is honest: A godly man is honest and trustworthy. He does not lie or deceive but is true to his word.
4. He is compassionate: A godly man is compassionate and caring towards others. He is willing to help those in need and show kindness and mercy.
5. He is courageous: A godly man is courageous and willing to face danger for the sake of doing good. He is not afraid to speak out against injustice and stand up for what is right.
7 KJV Bible Verses that Describe a Godly Man
1. Proverbs 2:6-8: “For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding. He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly. He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints.”
2. Proverbs 12:3: “A man shall not be established by wickedness: but the root of the righteous shall not be moved.”
3. Proverbs 13:22: “A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children’s children: and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just.”
4. Proverbs 14:20: “The poor is hated even of his own neighbour: but the rich hath many friends.”
5. Proverbs 16:20: “He that handleth a matter wisely shall find good: and whoso trusteth in the Lord, happy is he.”
6. Proverbs 18:22: “Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the Lord.”
7. Proverbs 22:29: “Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.”
In What Ways was Job a Godly Man
Job was a man of great faith and trust in God. He was tested by God and endured great suffering, yet he remained steadfast in his faith. He was a man of great patience and humility, and he even praised God in the midst of his suffering. Job was a great example of a godly man, and he is praised by God for his faith and obedience.
How does the Holy Spirit Guide the Godly Man
The Holy Spirit guides a godly man and helps him to follow God’s will. The Holy Spirit gives the godly man strength, guidance, and comfort. He leads the godly man in the right direction and helps him to discern right from wrong. The godly man relies on the Holy Spirit to guide him in all of his decisions and actions
What Good Works Come from a Man who is Godly
A man who is godly will produce good works. These works include acts of love, mercy, and kindness. He will help those in need and reach out to the less fortunate. He will also seek to glorify God in all that he does and strive to be an example of faith and obedience.
How Does the Word of God Describe the Godly Man
The word of God describes the godly man as one who seeks wisdom, knowledge, and understanding from God. He is humble, honest, compassionate, and courageous. He is devoted to God and puts God first in his life. He loves God and his neighbor as himself. He is patient and wise and seeks to do good works.
Following Christ Jesus Produces Godly Men
Following Christ Jesus produces godly men. Christ is the ultimate example of a godly man and those who follow him strive to be like him. Those who follow Christ seek to live a life of faith and obedience, and they strive to be humble, honest, compassionate, and courageous. They seek to do good works and glorify God with their lives.
Why Does a Godly Man Follow God’s Word
A godly man follows God’s word because he knows it is the only true path to righteousness. He knows that God’s word is perfect and that it is the only way to please God. He seeks to honor God in all that he does and follows God’s commands.
7 Characteristics of a Godly Man Bible Verses
here’s a table of some of the most popular Bible verses that discuss the characteristics of a godly man, along with brief explanations.
|Bible Verse||Characteristics Highlighted||Brief Explanation|
|Proverbs 27:17||Iron sharpens iron||A godly man values friendships that challenge and grow his character.|
|Micah 6:8||Act justly, love mercy||A godly man is compassionate and stands up for justice.|
|Ephesians 5:25-26||Love and sacrifice||A godly man loves deeply and is willing to sacrifice for the well-being of others, especially his family.|
|James 1:19||Quick to listen, slow to speak||A godly man is a good listener and thinks before he speaks.|
|Matthew 5:16||Shine your light||A godly man lives his life in a way that points others toward God.|
|1 Timothy 6:11||Pursue righteousness, godliness||A godly man actively seeks a life that is pleasing to God.|
|Galatians 5:22-23||Fruit of the Spirit||A godly man exhibits love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.|
These verses provide a comprehensive look at the qualities that define a godly man, from his relationships and how he treats others, to his personal conduct and his relationship with God.
In What Ways was the Apostle Paul a Godly Man
The apostle Paul was a godly man who followed Christ Jesus. Paul was a man of great faith and courage and was able to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles. He was humble, honest, compassionate, and courageous. He was devoted to God and sought to honor God in all that he did. Paul is a great example of a godly man.
7 Verses About Godly Man 💪🙏
Finding guidance and encouragement from the Bible is always a great idea. Here are seven verses that offer insight into what it means to be a godly man, along with some encouraging points to ponder for each.
1. Joshua 1:9
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Hey, life’s not always a walk in the park, right? But guess what? You’re never alone on this journey. Take comfort in knowing that God is always with you, giving you the courage and strength to face whatever comes your way.
2. Proverbs 27:17
“As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.”
Friendships are like investments in your soul. Surround yourself with people who make you better, and don’t forget to lift them up too. Relationships should be a two-way street of growth and encouragement.
3. 1 Corinthians 16:13-14
“Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. Do everything in love.”
Being strong and courageous doesn’t mean forgetting about love. In fact, love should be at the core of all you do. Stand firm in your beliefs, but let love be your ultimate guide.
4. Micah 6:8
“He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.”
Humility, justice, mercy—these aren’t just buzzwords, they’re ways of life that bring you closer to God. Strive to live by these principles, and you’re on the right track!
5. Ephesians 5:25
“Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.”
Whether you’re married, engaged, or hoping to be someday, this one’s gold. Real love is selfless and sacrificial. Show that same love to your spouse, or future spouse, that Christ showed the church.
6. James 1:19
“My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.”
Hey, we’ve all been there—ready to jump into a conversation or react in the heat of the moment. Take a step back. Listen more, talk less, and keep that temper in check. It makes a world of difference.
7. Romans 12:2
“Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”
Be a trendsetter, not a follower—at least when it comes to morality and values. Renew your mind by focusing on what’s eternal, not what’s trendy. You’ll find true fulfillment when you align yourself with God’s will.
I hope these verses and points of encouragement help guide you on your path to becoming a godly man. Keep striving, keep loving, and keep your eyes on the ultimate goal!
Godly Man Scripture
One of the most well-known scriptures that describes the characteristics of a godly person is found in the Bible, specifically in the book of Psalms:
Scripture: Psalm 1:1-3 (NIV)
“Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither—whatever they do prospers.”
- Delighting in God’s Word: A godly person finds joy and delight in studying and meditating on God’s Word. It’s not seen as a burden but as a source of nourishment and guidance for life.
- Choosing Righteousness: A godly individual consciously avoids following the ways of the wicked, sinners, or mockers. This choice reflects a commitment to living a righteous and upright life.
- Deep Roots in God: The imagery of a tree planted by streams of water signifies the godly person’s deep connection with God. Just as a tree draws sustenance from a water source, the godly person draws spiritual nourishment and strength from their relationship with God.
- Fruitfulness and Prosperity: The passage speaks of fruitfulness and prosperity in the life of a godly person. This doesn’t necessarily mean material wealth but rather spiritual abundance and a life that reflects the character of God.
- Consistency in Faith: Meditating on God’s law day and night emphasizes the importance of a continuous and consistent faith journey. It’s a reminder that a godly life is not just about occasional acts of righteousness but a daily walk with God.
In essence, Psalm 1 paints a beautiful picture of a godly individual who finds happiness and fulfillment in a life centered on God’s Word. The passage encourages us to be selective in our associations, to seek wisdom from Scripture, and to maintain a deep, unshakable relationship with God. Ultimately, it teaches us that a godly life is marked by a thriving faith and a commitment to living in accordance with God’s values and principles.
Godly Man Bible
Men often look for Bibles that can guide them on a meaningful spiritual journey, and there are several versions that have proven to be very popular among them. Below are the four most popular Bibles for men, ranked in order of their popularity:
- The King James Version (KJV): This is arguably the most popular and widely used version of the Bible. Many men appreciate the poetic and timeless language of the KJV, and it has been a trustworthy companion for millions since 1611. It’s especially loved for its accuracy and reliability in translation, and its majestic style helps convey the sacredness of its content.
- The New International Version (NIV): The NIV is known for its balance between readability and accuracy. It’s written in modern English, making it a favorite for those who may find the older language of the KJV challenging to understand. It’s a wonderful version for men who are looking for clear and straightforward language while exploring their faith.
- The English Standard Version (ESV): The ESV is appreciated for its commitment to preserving the literal accuracy of the original texts. It combines the word-for-word precision of the KJV with the readability of the NIV. It’s suitable for men who value a high degree of accuracy but also want accessibility in their readings.
- The New Living Translation (NLT): The NLT is popular for its conversational tone and clarity. It’s a paraphrase translation, aimed at making the meaning of the original Hebrew and Greek texts understandable to modern readers. It’s a great choice for men seeking an easy-to-read version to aid them in their spiritual journey.
Each of these Bibles has its unique features and translation styles. The choice ultimately depends on individual preference, whether one is looking for more traditional and literal interpretations or more contemporary and understandable renditions. These versions can help any man seeking to delve deeper into the Word and cultivate a stronger spiritual connection.
A Godly Man Scripture
Acts 13:22 (NIV) “After removing Saul, he made David their king. God testified concerning him: ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.'”
This verse references God’s selection of David as king over Israel and highlights the special relationship David had with God, being described as “a man after my own heart.”
Best Bible Encyclopedias and Dictionaries
Below is a table featuring some highly regarded Bible Encyclopedias and Dictionaries along with their publishers and websites where they can be found or purchased.
|The International Standard Bible Encyclopedia||Eerdmans||Eerdmans|
|Zondervan’s Pictorial Bible Dictionary||Zondervan||Zondervan|
|Easton’s Bible Dictionary||Thomas Nelson||Thomas Nelson|
|Holman Illustrated Bible Dictionary||B&H Publishing Group||B&H Publishing Group|
|The New Unger’s Bible Dictionary||Moody Publishers||Moody Publishers|
|HarperCollins Bible Dictionary||HarperOne||HarperOne|
|Vine’s Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words||Thomas Nelson||Thomas Nelson|
You can generally find these resources on the publishers’ websites, as well as other online book retailers such as Amazon or Christianbook. It’s always good practice to confirm availability and review additional details on the specific websites or other reliable online bookstores.
Final Thoughts – Bible Verses about Godly Men
In conclusion, godly men have certain qualities that set them apart from other men. They have faith in God, humility, integrity, compassion, courage, self-control, and love. The bible is full of examples of godly men, and these men set examples of faith and obedience. We can look to the bible for guidance, instruction, and examples of godly men. May we all strive to be godly men and follow the example of those who have gone before us.
God Bless GregPurpose of Life Launcher by Gregory Gaines Purpose of Life Launcher by Gregory Gaines