Welcome Bags are given visitors something they can take home and reference any help they may need after they have returned home. A major part of any welcome Ministry is how to help and encourage those who are following God’s Call.
What to Put in Church Welcome Bags?
It is time to start thinking about what you will put in your church welcome bags. You want to make sure that the items are practical and appropriate for the guests who will be attending your event. There are many things that you can include such as a map of the location, information on upcoming events, pens, and flyers with more information about your church or ministry. What to Put in Church Welcome Bags?
- A church Directory – This is a nice idea for your guests and will be helpful if they need to find someone after the event has ended.
- A map of the church/location – This should be included in every welcome bag, no matter what time of day it is. You want all your visitors to know where you are located and how to get there safely without getting lost
- Response card to drop in Collection Basket- Include a response card for your guests to fill out so that you can get an idea of how many people attended and who they might be. This will also help with follow-up care.
- A pen – You don’t know how many times you will need a pen until you don’t have one on hand
- Church information flyer or brochure – Give your guests some material to take home with them after the event has ended. It should include information about your church, such as service times and locations, what ministries or groups are available, and contact info in case they want more information.
- A list of all the ministries in your church– This will help guests if they are looking for a place to serve
- Church calendar– This is always helpful for guests to have. It can let them know what events are coming up and how long they will be in town.
- A welcome letter from the pastor or church leader- This is a great opportunity to express your gratitude to your guests for coming and also give them some information about the church itself.
- Church Music CD– Include a CD of the music that will be sung at your event so guests can familiarize themselves with it before they attend
- Church gift card- This is an excellent idea for visitors who may not have time to come back or take much interest in any other items you provide. It gives them the freedom to choose what they want from your church and hopefully encourages them to return when needed. *You do need permission from the pastor/church leader if this is going to be included in welcome bags*
- A scripture– You should include something uplifting and positive in every guest bag, whether it’s a small note written on a business card or a larger piece of paper encouraging people through God’s word.
- A Copy of New Testament- If you’re not sure what to include this will be a great option and can help people understand more about the bible.
- Church-themed pens or pencils– These are always a great giveaway and can be something people will actually use.
- Water Bottle or Snack– It’s always good to have a water bottle or some snacks on hand in case guests get hungry. This is also a great opportunity to promote your church’s cafe or food ministry.
- Chocolate mints– These little treats are perfect for giving out after events and leave a positive impression on your guests. Plus, they’re pretty inexpensive!
- Church-themed stationery- If you’re looking for a more unique item to include in your church welcome bags, try some stationery with the church’s logo or name on it. This can be used as a thank-you note after the event has ended or even later down the road.
- Bible bookmark– A bible bookmark is always a nice touch and can come in handy if someone needs to mark their place while reading.
- Small bottles of hand sanitizer– You never know when your guests might need this and it’s a great way to promote healthy living.
- Church-themed mints or candies– These are always nice for people to have something in their possession that is from you, even after the event has ended. Plus, they’re easy on the budget! *You do need permission from the pastor/church leader if this is going to be included in welcome bags*
- A list of all events at your church throughout the month – This will help them plan out what days they will be able to come back and experience more of what your church has to offer.
- Children’s Crayons and Bible-Based Coloring Sheets– This is a great gift for children and can help them pass the time during service.
- Church-themed stickers – You won’t believe how much your guests will love receiving these little treats! Plus, they’re easy on the budget!
- Glow sticks or bracelets – These are always fun to have at any type of event and remind us that we shine bright like stars when we serve God.
- Bible-based children’s tattoos– These are a great option for children to have something positive and fun on their skin after the event. It’s also an excellent way to get them excited about the church!
- Church-themed pencils or pens – You can never go wrong with these giveaways and they’ll be so grateful knowing it came from your heart.
- Bible verse note cards- Phone numbers, emails, addresses, etc., this is always helpful when trying to meet new people at events like this. Plus you don’t want guests thinking that all contact information was left out of bags by mistake!
- Writing utensils (pencils/pens) and notepads: These items will definitely come in handy during any visit and convey how much thought went into creating
- A list of all events throughout the month – This will give people an idea of what days they may want to come back so you can continue serving them through church ministries or groups such as Small Groups, Sunday School Classes, etc
Final Thoughts – What to Put in Church Welcome Bags?
In summary, a list of all events throughout the month is included along with practical items (stationary, pens/pencils, candy) and things that are more for fun or an “extra” (stickers, glow sticks).
Writing utensils (pencils/pens): These items will definitely come in handy during any visit and convey how much thought went into creating your guest bags. A list of all events throughout the month is also included to give people an idea of what days they may want to come back so you can continue serving them through church ministries or groups such as Small Groups, Sunday School Classes, etc.