15 Unique Biblical Facts about Jesus Birth with verse and Description
Table of Contents
15 Unique Biblical Facts about Jesus Birth
- Jesus was born in Bethlehem (Luke 2:4-7) – The city of Bethlehem was named in the Old Testament and is located in the southern region of the nation of Israel. It is here that Jesus was born to the Virgin Mary, his mother, and Joseph, his earthly father.
- An Angel Announced Jesus’ birth (Luke 2:9-14) – An angel of the Lord first visited the shepherds in the fields outside of Bethlehem to announce the birth of Jesus. The angel was joined by a multitude of other heavenly beings who sang praises to God.
- A Census Took Place Before Jesus’ Birth (Luke 2:1-5) – A census was taken throughout the Roman Empire. Joseph and Mary had to travel from their home in Nazareth to Bethlehem in order to register, resulting in the fulfillment of the prophecy that Jesus would be born in Bethlehem.
- Jesus was born in a Stable (Luke 2:7) – Because of the overcrowding in Bethlehem due to the census, Joseph and Mary had to take shelter in a stable. This is where Jesus was born.
- The Star of Bethlehem (Matthew 2:1-12) – A bright star appeared in the sky, guiding the Wise Men from the East to the place where Jesus was born. This star is often referred to as the Star of Bethlehem.
- The Shepherds Visited Jesus (Luke 2:15-20) – After the angel announcement, the shepherds left their fields to go to Bethlehem and see the newborn baby Jesus.
- Jesus was Circumcised (Luke 2:21) – Jesus was circumcised eight days after his birth, in accordance with Jewish law.
- Jesus was Presented in the Temple (Luke 2:22-24) – Forty days after Jesus was born, Mary and Joseph took him to the temple in Jerusalem to be presented to the Lord, as prescribed by Jewish law.
- Simeon Prophesied About Jesus (Luke 2:25-35) – When Mary and Joseph took Jesus to the temple, they encountered a righteous and devout man named Simeon. Simeon prophesied that Jesus would be a light to the Gentiles and that his life would be a sign of contradiction.
- Anna Prophesied About Jesus (Luke 2:36-38) – In the temple, Mary and Joseph also encountered an elderly woman named Anna, who also prophesied about Jesus and his role in the redemption of Israel.
- The Wise Men Brought Gifts (Matthew 2:11) – The Wise Men, also known as the Magi, brought gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh to the newborn Jesus.
- An Angel Warned Joseph to Flee (Matthew 2:13-15) – An angel warned Joseph to flee to Egypt with Mary and Jesus to escape the wrath of King Herod.
- Jesus was Baptized (Matthew 3:13-17) – When Jesus was thirty years old, he was baptized by John the Baptist in the Jordan River.
- Jesus Was Tempted in the Wilderness (Luke 4:1-13) – After his baptism, Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, where he was tempted by the devil for forty days and forty nights.
- The Transfiguration (Matthew 17:1-13) – Jesus was transfigured before his disciples on a mountain. His face shone like the sun and his clothes became white as light.