The Bible has a lot to say about sexual purity before marriage. These verses can be encouraging and helpful as you work to maintain sexual purity before tying the knot. Here are some of our favorite Bible verses about sexual purity:
Bible Verses about Purity Before Marriage
- “Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body.” – 1 Corinthians 6:18
- “But among you, there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people.” – Ephesians 5:3
- “Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.” – Romans
- “For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each one of you knows how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God.” – Thessalonians
- “And God raised the Lord and will also raise us up by his power. Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? Or do you not know that he who is joined to a prostitute becomes one body with her? For, as it is written, “The two will become one flesh.” But he who is joined to the Lord becomes one spirit with him.” – Corinthians
- “You shall not commit adultery.” – Exodus
- “I have said, You shall not commit adultery. But if you do not control your passions, each of you is an adulterer, for you commit adultery whenever you look with lust at a woman who is not your wife.” – Matthew
- “Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.” – Hebrews
- “But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.” – Corinthians
- “For this reason, a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church.” – Ephesians
- “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word.” – Ephesians
- “In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— for we are members of his body.” – Ephesians
Why does the Bible say Sexual Purity is important?
The Bible is clear that sexual purity is important. In the Old Testament, God laid out specific instructions regarding sexuality and marriage. Bible Verses about Purity Before Marriage
He was very clear that sex was to be reserved for marriage, and any deviation from that was to be punished severely. In the New Testament, Jesus reiterated these teachings. He said that sex outside of marriage was a sin and that anyone who committed such a sin was guilty of adultery. Jesus also said that lust was just as bad as adultery and that anyone who looked at another person with lust in their heart was committing adultery.
This shows us that God takes sexual purity very seriously. Not only is sex outside of marriage a sin, but even the desire for sex outside of marriage is a sin.
This is why the Bible says that sexual purity is so important. It shows us that our sexuality is not something to be taken lightly or treated without respect. It is a gift from God to be enjoyed within the confines of marriage, and anything outside of that is a sin against Him.
What does the Bible say about Sexual impurity?
The Bible is clear that sexual impurity is a sin. In Genesis 19, we read the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, two cities that were destroyed because of the sinful behavior of their residents. Among other things, the people of these cities were involved in sexual immorality and perversion.
In the New Testament, we see that Paul includes sexual impurity among a list of sins that will keep people from inheriting the kingdom of God (Galatians 5:19-21). Clearly, then, the Bible teaches us that sexual impurity is displeasing to God and will result in His judgment.
Sexual impurity doesn’t just refer to engaging in premarital or extramarital sex; it can also refer to any kind of sexual activity outside of marriage. This would include pornography, masturbation, and any other behavior that is designed to fulfill sexual desires outside of the context of marriage.
The Bible tells us that our bodies are to be treated with honor and respect (1 Corinthians 6:19-20), and this includes refraining from sexual activity outside of marriage. When we engage in any kind of sexual activity outside of God’s design, we dishonor Him and ourselves. We may think that we are just fulfilling our natural desires, but the Bible tells us that we are to control our desires and not let them control us (Galatians
What are some Bible Examples of Purity Before Marriage?
The Bible gives several examples of people who were pure before marriage. In the book of Exodus, we read about Joseph, who was sold into slavery by his brothers.
Joseph was put in charge of the household of an Egyptian man, Potiphar. Potiphar’s wife tried to seduce Joseph, but he resisted her advances and fled from her. In the book of Esther, we see another example of someone who remained pure before marriage.
Esther was a young Jewish woman who became the queen of Persia. When the king’s advisor Haman plotted to kill all the Jews in Persia, Esther risked her life to save her people. She went before the king and pleaded with him to spare the Jews.
As a result of Esther’s bravery, the Jews were saved and Haman was executed. These are just two examples from the Bible of people who remained pure before marriage. There are many others as well.
There are many Bible examples of purity before marriage. In Matthew 5:27-28, Jesus says “You have heard that it was said, ‘Do not commit adultery.’ But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.”
This shows that purity starts with our thoughts and what we allow ourselves to dwell on. In 1 Corinthians 6:18-20, Paul says “Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?
You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.” Our bodies are not our own but rather they are to be used to glorify God. If we allow ourselves to sin sexually, we are dishonoring God and His temple – our bodies. So these Bible examples teach us that purity starts with our thoughts and then extends to our actions. We are to flee from sexual immorality and honor God with our bodies.
Does Sexual Purity before marriage apply to both the man and the woman?
There is much debate surrounding the issue of sexual purity before marriage, with many people arguing that it is an outdated concept that is no longer relevant in today’s society.
However, the idea of waiting until marriage to have sex is still very important, and it applies to both men and women equally. While it is true that men and women are both sexual beings, there is a big difference between having sex and making love.
Sex is a physical act that can be performed without any emotional connection, but making love requires a deep level of trust and intimacy. When two people make love, they are sharing something very special and intimate that goes beyond the physical. Waiting until marriage to have sex allows couples to build this level of intimacy before they become physically involved, and this can help to create a stronger and more lasting relationship.
What are the benefits of Remaining Pure before marriage?
Remaining pure before marriage has a lot of benefits that many people are not aware of. One of the benefits is that it allows you to focus on your relationship with God.
It also allows you to save yourself for the one you love and be able to give them your everything on your wedding night. Another benefit is that you will not have to deal with any emotional baggage from previous relationships. You will also be able to build a stronger foundation for your marriage if you start it off pure. remaining pure before marriage also allows you to avoid any STDs.
There are so many reasons to remain pure before marriage and these are just a few of them. I hope that this has helped shed some light on the benefits of remaining pure before marriage.
There are many benefits to remaining pure before marriage.
First and foremost, it allows couples to enter into marriage with a clean slate. They are free from the baggage of past relationships and able to focus on building a strong foundation for their future together. In addition, couples who remain pure before marriage tend to have a stronger relationship overall.
They have more trust and communication, and they are more likely to approach conflict in a healthy way. Finally, staying pure before marriage can help couples avoid some of the pitfalls associated with premarital sex, such as pregnancy and STDs. By remaining pure until marriage, couples can enjoy all the benefits that come with a healthy and committed relationship.
There are many benefits to remaining pure before marriage. First and foremost, it allows couples to enter into marriage with a clean slate. They are free from the baggage of past relationships and able to focus on building a strong foundation for their future together.
In addition, couples who remain pure before marriage tend to have a stronger relationship overall. They have more trust and communication, and they are more likely to approach conflict in a healthy way. Finally, staying pure before marriage can help couples avoid some of the pitfalls associated with premarital sex, such as pregnancy and STDs. By remaining pure until marriage, couples can enjoy all the benefits that come with a healthy and committed relationship.
What Physical problems can arise from sexual impurity before marriage?
Sexual impurity before marriage can lead to a number of physical problems. For one, it can increase the risk of STDs. Any time you have unprotected sex, you’re at risk of contracting an STD. And since people who are sexually active before marriage are more likely to have multiple partners, they’re at even greater risk.
In addition, sexual activity before marriage can lead to unwanted pregnancies. This is especially true for teens, who are often not using birth control properly or consistently. But even adults can find themselves in this situation. Unwanted pregnancies can cause a number of health problems for both the mother and the child.
Finally, the sexual impurity can take an emotional toll. Guilt, shame, and anxiety are all common feelings after engaging in sexual activity outside of marriage. These emotions can lead to physical problems like insomnia and ulcers. So it’s important to be aware of the potential physical consequences of sexual impurity before making any decisions about sex.
Final Thoughts – Bible Verses about Purity Before Marriage
The Bible Teaches us that Sexual Purity, waiting to share the one flesh aspect with our lifelong partner.