No marriage is perfect, and everyone goes through tough times. If you are struggling in your marriage, it can be helpful to find strength in Bible verses. God’s Word offers hope and healing for any situation. In this blog post, we will discuss some Bible verses that can help strengthen your marriage. If you are feeling lost, these verses can offer guidance and support. Bible verses for struggling marriages can remind you that God is with you during difficult times.
13 Bible Verses for Struggling Marriage
- Ephesians 4:32 – “Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you.”
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 – “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.”
- Colossians 3:12-14 – “Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion…Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.”
- Psalm 127:1 – “Unless the Lord builds the house its builder’s labor in vain.”
- Proverbs 31:10-31 – “An excellent wife who can find?”
- John 15:12-13 – This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, and he lay down his life for his friends.
- Ephesians 4:2 – Be humble and gentle with each other
- Proverbs 31:10-31 – “An excellent wife who can find?”
- Ephesians 4:2-3 – “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.”
- Ephesians 5:21 – “Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.”
- 1 Peter 3:7 – “Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner.”
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 – “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hope, always perseveres.”
- James 1:17 – “Every good and perfect gift is from above
Why should we look to the Bible for our Struggling Marriage?
Many marriages struggle and end in divorce. Why not look to the Bible, God’s word, for answers on how to have a happy and healthy marriage? The Bible has a lot to say about marriage! In the Book of Genesis, we read about the first marriage between Adam and Eve. God saw that it was not good for man to be alone and created Eve as a companion for Adam. The Bible goes on to say that a man should leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife. Marriage is a covenant between a man and woman before God. When we keep God at the center of our marriage, He will bless our union. The Bible also tells us to submit to one another out of respect for Christ. This means that we are to put our spouse’s needs above our own. When we do this, we are modeling Christ’s love for us. Lastly, the Bible tells us to love our spouse as Christ loved the Church. This is an unconditional love that forgives and overlooks faults. When we follow these biblical principles, our marriages will be strong and blessed by God! Bible Verses for Struggling Marriage
How do we apply the Bible Verses for a Troubled Marriage?
The Bible offers many verses that can provide guidance and comfort to individuals facing marital difficulties.
In 1 Corinthians 7:10-11, for example, Paul teaches that marriage should be a permanent union and that couples should only consider divorce as a last resort.
Proverbs 21:9 tells us that it is better to live alone than with a contentious spouse, while
Mark 10:6-9 instructs us that marriage is a sacred covenant between a man and a woman. These verses can offer guidance and understanding to couples who are experiencing marital difficulties. By turning to the Bible for guidance, couples can begin to work through their problems and find lasting solutions.
How to Seek Wisdom from God for our Struggling Marriage?
It is not uncommon for marriages to go through struggles. Whether it is financial difficulties, communication problems, or infidelity, there are many issues that can arise that put a strain on a marriage. When marriages are going through these tough times, it can be difficult to know what to do. Many people turn to their friends or family members for advice, but ultimately, the best place to seek wisdom is from God.
God is the ultimate source of wisdom, and He wants us to turn to Him when we are facing difficulties. He knows what we are going through and He can provide us with the guidance we need to work through our problems. Additionally, when we seek wisdom from God, we can be confident that His advice is good and will lead us to a better place. If you are struggling in your marriage, don’t hesitate to seek wisdom from God. He will help you to overcome your challenges and grow closer to your spouse in the process.
How to Pray for our Struggling Marriage?
When our marriage is struggling, it can be difficult to know how to pray. We may feel like we are failing or that God is far from us. But God is always with us, and He wants our marriage to thrive. Here are some things to keep in mind as you pray for your struggling marriage:
First, pray for God’s wisdom and guidance. Ask Him to show you what you need to do to improve your marriage. Be open to His leading, even if it means making some changes in your own life.
Second, pray for strength and courage. It takes courage to face the challenges in our marriage, but God will give us the strength we need. Ask Him to help you persevere through difficult times.
Third, pray for healing. If there are hurt feelings or wounds from the past, ask God to heal them. He can work miracles in our hearts and our relationship.
Finally, pray for God’s blessings on your marriage. Thank Him for the good times you’ve had together and ask Him to continue to bless your relationship. Whatever challenges you’re facing, know that God is with you and He wants your marriage to succeed.
How to Take action for our Struggling Marriage?
It’s no secret that marriages can struggle. In fact, it’s estimated that around 50% of all marriages in the United States end in divorce. If you’re in a struggling marriage, it’s important to take action to improve your relationship. There are a few key things you can do to help turn things around.
First, make sure you’re communicating openly and honestly with your spouse. It’s vital that you share your feelings and concerns with each other. Communication is a key foundation for a strong marriage.
Next, make time for each other. Many marriages struggle because couples simply don’t spend enough time together. Life gets busy, but it’s important to schedule regular date nights or weekend getaways. Dedicated time together can help rekindle the spark in your marriage.
Finally, Seek professional ( Christian Marriage counselor, Your Minister) help if needed. If you’ve tried everything and your marriage is still struggling, it may be time to seek professional help from a counselor or therapist. Don’t be afraid to get outside help if you need it. Taking action to improve your struggling marriage is vital to keeping your relationship strong.
Final Thoughts – Bible Verses for Struggling Marriage
It is a blessing you have recognized that things are struggling in your marriage. It is wise that
- You seek the Scriptures for direction
- You pray for God’s Help
- You seek Counsel
- You Take Action
Pray Blessings on Your Marriage God Bless Greg